We’re jumping into July’s newsletter with a trip to Dutch coast! This summer is jam-packed with exciting stories, events and opportunities from 4TU.ResearchData…
- Celebrating 10 years of the Sand Motor
The Sand Motor (Zandmotor) is a large peninsula-shaped artificial sandbank that was constructed off the coast of the Netherlands in 2011 as part of a North Sea coastal defence project. For the past decade, the Sand Motor has served as a ‘living lab’ for researchers from diverse disciplines and institutions.
In this article, we celebrate the Sand Motor’s 10th anniversary and the openly available collection of datasets published in 4TU.ResearchData.
- Data steward in the spotlight: Anne Aarts
Anne Aarts is a data steward providing data management support for researchers in the Departments of Biomedical Engineering and Industrial Design at Eindhoven University of Technology.
We talked with Anne to learn more about her transition from scientist to data steward during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Read more about her experience of working as a cancer epidemiologist and how she’s been getting to grips with her new role as a data steward.
- New to the crew at 4TU: Roel Janssen
We’re delighted to welcome our new Developer of Open Science Infrastructures, Roel Janssen.
Roel will focus on developing software for the 4TU.ResearchData data repository to support researchers with data publication and sharing. Before joining the team, Roel worked as a research analyst at UMC Utrecht.
Did you see these datasets?
Last month’s top downloaded datasets in 4TU.ResearchData!
An agent-based process mining architecture for emergent behavior analysis
Author(s): Rob Bemthuis, Martijn Koot, Martijn Mes, Faiza Bukhsh, Maria-Eugenia Iacob and Nirvana Meratnia
Institution: University of Twente
Categories: Information Systems, Business and Management
Keywords: Discrete event simulation, Emergent behavior, Event logs, Job-shop, Multi-agent system, Process mining, Supply chain logistics
Bio-inspired intent communication for automated vehicles
Author(s): Max Oudshoorn, Joost de Winter, Pavlo Bazilinskyy, Dimitra Dodou
Institution: Delft University of Technology
Categories: Automotive Engineering, Cognitive Sciences
Keywords: Automated Vehicles, External Human-Machine Interface, Bio-inspired, Intent communication, Crowdsourcing
Our highlights from the last month!
4TU.ResearchData’s data trainer, Eirini Zormpa, and community manager, Connie Clare, delivered a 3-hour workshop on ‘Planning your data management’ during the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) course on ‘Bioinformatics for Principal Investigators’.
The recent thematic session from the University of Twente’s Digital Competence Centre focused on ‘FAIR Data & The Good Practice of Science.’
The session kicked off with an introduction to the FAIR Data Principles by Luiz Bonino Da Silva Santos, followed by a presentation about FAIR Data in Citizen Science by Michelle Kip and Ria Wolkorte.
Dates for your diary
For upcoming events check out the Open Research Calendar!
- Researcher Perspectives on Improving Data Sharing and Reuse as part of the Data Sharing Seminar Series for Societies on 6th August. Register now.
- Research Transparency and Reproducibility Training (RT2) Virtual 2021 on 25th & 27th August and 1st & 3rd September. See the schedule and apply now.
- Research Data Alliance FAIR4RS webinar series on ‘FAIR Research Software’ on 30th August. Register now.
- Research Grants on Education: Up to $50,000 budget available for education research projects from the Spencer Foundation. Apply by 1st September.
- Open Science FAIR from 20th to 23rd September. Submit your proposal by 2nd August. Register now.
- Essentials 4 Data Support course by Research Data Netherlands from 30th September to 11th November. Register now.
- Semantic Interoperability of Sensitive Data in Federated AI (SISFAI) in conjunction EDOC 2021 on 25th October. Submit your paper by 16th August.
- Pre-announcement HTSF Call 2021 from the 4TU.Federation. The ‘High Tech for a Sustainable Future programme’ is open to researchers from the 4TU partner institutions. Calls for expression of interest will open August/September.
SOMETHING TO SHARE?
If you have news to share or would like to include an announcement in next month’s round-up from 4TU.ResearchData, please get in touch. See you in August!