Spring is the season of new beginnings… The February edition of our newsletter from 4TU.ResearchData introduces new community members and a new FAIR Data Fund!
- FAIR Data Fund 2021 – Call for applications opens 1st March!
A maximum budget of €3.500 is available to researchers at TU Delft, TU Eindhoven and the University of Twente to cover the costs of making their research data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (The FAIR Data Principles).
- Throwback to the Data Refinement Fund 2020!
Monitoring obesity patients with innovative technologies
Welcome to the new recruits!
Chiara Gallese Nobile joined the team of data stewards at TU Eindhoven as a specialist in IT and privacy law. After completing her PhD in Japanese Private International Law at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Chiara has dedicated her research career to law, technology, AI ethics and GDPR, and has worked as a privacy consultant for multinational companies.
Diana Popa joined TU Delft as a data steward in the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment after almost 7 years of teaching and research activities at Politehnica University of Bucharest. She has a background in social sciences and during her PhD she studied how trust works in the virtual environment.
Join the DCC team at TU Delft!
What did we get up to in February ? Our highlights of the month:
- National Open Science Festival on 11th – Read our blog and watch the recorded livestream.
- ‘Data Sharing and Citation: How Societies Can Make a Difference’ on 5th February – Watch the recording.
This is part of the Data Sharing Seminar Series for Societies – Register for upcoming webinars.
- Barcamp Open Science 2021 (#oscibar) and the Open Science Conference (#OSC2021) on 16th to 19th – Check out the collaborative notes.
- Open Science Community Twente (OSCT) ‘Open Science Kitchen’ event: ‘The Benefits and Limitations of Pre-registrations’ on 25th – Learn more about the Open Science Kitchen and watch the webinars.
Dates for your diary…
For upcoming events check out the Open Research Calendar!
- Making Dark Data FAIR event: ‘Data, Society, and Open Science II: Roundtable on the FAIR principles and data-driven scientific practice’ on 1st March – Register.
- Open Research: A Vision for the Future on 2nd March – See the conference booklet and register.
- FAIRsFAIR National Roadshow offers a FAIR programme in collaboration with LCRDM and DANS on 2nd March – Register.
- Software Carpentry Workshop for 4TU partner institutions (TU Eindhoven, U/Twente and TU Delft) on 16th, 17th, 23rd & 24th March. Register.
- ‘Moving Beyond the Monograph- New and Creative Models of Academic Publication Scholars Should Know About’ on 17th March – Register.
- Helis FAIR data stewardship course for researchers, data stewards and others interested in the topic of FAIR data stewardship runs from 17th to 31st March.
- Software Sustainability Institute’s Collaborations workshop (CW21) on 30th March to 1st April – Register.
- SURF Research Week on 13th to 15th April. Check out the programme and register.
Worth a watch!
Take a look at the Open Science Communities video with contributions from Anita Eerland, Loek Brinkman (OSC Utrecht), Brian Nosek (Center for Open Science), Frank Miedema (Chair of Open Science Programme Utrecht), Emmy Tsang (OSC Delft), Zsuzsika Sjoerds (OSC Leiden) and Antonio Schettino (OSC Rotterdam).
|Subscribe to the monthly round-up!|
If you have something to share in next month’s round-up from 4TU.ResearchData, please get in touch!