May’s round-up from 4TU.ResearchData introduces our FAIR Data Fund Spring Call grantees, a new ‘testimonials’ page and a re-cap of our first community call event!
- FAIR Data Fund Spring call: Meet the grantees
Congratulations to University of Twente researchers:
Frank Halfwerk, Michelle Kip, Ria Wolkorte, João Moreira and Thomas Groen;
and, to Delft University of Technology researchers:
Claudiu Forgaci and Pavlo Bazilinskyy on their successful FAIR Data Fund applications!
- A testimonial from Giordano Lipari
Environmental and computational hydrodynamics researcher, Giordano Lipari, expressed his gratitude for the support he received from technical staff at 4TU.ResearchData when uploading large datasets to the repository.
Giordano published a 735 GB data collection of five datasets containing 1650 files that were created during a post-doctoral project at TU Delft.
- Interdisciplinary research data: Challenges and observations from a data stewards perspective
At the recent Research Data Alliance (RDA) 17th Plenary meeting, Yan Wang, Inna Kouper, Eva Méndez and Connie Clare co-chaired a Bird of a Feather (BOF) session about the Challenges of Curating Data from Interdisciplinary and Collaborative Research.
Read Yan’s session summary to learn more about interdisciplinary research, it’s added value and the data management challenges it presents for researchers and research support professionals.
Did you see these datasets?
Last month’s top downloaded datasets in the 4TU.ResearchData data repository!
Author(s): Wouter Hoffman, Daniel Lakens
Institution: Eindhoven University of Technology
Categories: InformationSystems, Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing
Keywords: PPGi, Public benchmarking, Remote photoplethysmography (rPPG), Reproducibility
Author(s): Stavros Makrodimitris
Institution: Delft University of Technology
Categories: Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing
Keywords: Amino acid sequence, Bioinformatics, CAFA, Computational biology, Feature learning techniques, Protein function prediction
What did we get up to this month?
4TU.ResearchData’s first community call
Last month, we hosted our first community call based on the theme, ‘Building a Culture of Collaboration’.
Dates for your diary
For upcoming events check out the Open Research Calendar!
- eLife Innovation Sprint from 4th to 5th October. Submit your project proposal by 31st May.
- 16th Annual Open Repositories 2021 Conference (OR2021) from 7th to 10th June. Register now.
- Digital Humanities & Research Software Engineering Summer School organised by the Alan Turing Institute from 26th to 30th July. Deadline for applications: June 8th.
- Open Science rankings: yes, no, or not this way? A debate on developing and implementing transparency metrics organised by the Journal of Trial and Error on 15th June. Register now.
- Dataverse Community Meeting 2021 from 15th to 17th June. Register now.
- FAIR Festival 2021 organised by GO FAIR on 21st to 23rd June. View the programme & save the date.
- 50th LIBER Annual Conference. ‘Libraries and Open Knowledge: from vision to implementation’ from 23rd to 25th June. Register now.
- useR! 2021 – The R Conference from 5th to 9th July. Register now – early bird fees apply until May 28th.
- SciPy 2021 Scientific Computing with Python Conference from 12th to 18th July. See the schedule and register.
Summer vacation is right around the corner! We look forward to bringing you more hot topics in June.
If you have something to share in next month’s round-up from 4TU.ResearchData, please get in touch!