Goodbye and congratulations to Connie Clare

“With great sadness the time has come to say goodbye to Connie Clare, who since October 2020 has been the 4TU.ResearchData Community Manager. As Director of 4TU.ResearchData, I have greatly valued the work of Connie and enjoyed working with her as a wonderful colleague and friend. Connie has spearheaded the creation and growth of the 4TU.ResearchData community, which now comprises almost 200 members and continues to grow. Even more importantly, the community is now centre-stage to all our work at 4TU.ResearchData. I could not have wished for a more successful outcome in such a short time.

I would have loved to continue working with Connie for years to come. Sadly, the complications around Brexit and tax treaties made it impossible for Connie’s work to be continued from the UK.

At the same time, I couldn’t be happier to hear about Connie’s new position. Connie will take up an exciting role as the Community Development Manager at Research Data Alliance (RDA). Research Data Alliance is a thriving international community of people (over 12,000 members!) who care about research data and who want to support one another through collaboration. I am confident that we will all continue to collaborate with Connie in her new role – Research Data Alliance is a crucial community to be part of for 4TU.ResearchData.

So while it’s sad news that 4TU.ResearchData is losing Connie, I would like to congratulate her on this fantastic new opportunity.” – Marta Teperek

A ‘thank you’ from Connie

“It has been an utmost pleasure to build, work with and learn from the 4TU.ResearchData community. I express my sincere gratitude to all of the researchers and data support professionals who have contributed to the community’s growth and development, and who have supported 4TU.ResearchData’s mission and vision during the past 18 months. 

From establishing working groups and workshops, to organising community calls and promoting FAIR datasets, together we’ve achieved wonderful results. And, I’ve felt proud and privileged to be part of such a dynamic and vibrant network. Thank you to all community members for making my experience so enjoyable!

Whilst I’m sad to leave 4TU.ResearchData, I’m excited to join RDA as the Community Development Manager from August this year. I’ve been a member of RDA since 2019 and it’s a community–driven organisation that’s very close to my heart. I look forward to the new challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, as well as the possibility for further collaboration with 4TU.ResearchData in the future.” — Connie Clare

Join the team

We would like to ensure that we have a new community manager in place as soon as possible. Therefore, please check out the vacancy for 4TU.ResearchData Community Manager – closing 10 April 2022.

Discover more from 4TU.ResearchData

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading