It’s already August… Time flies when you’re having fun! This month’s round-up from 4TU.ResearchData delivers plenty of community updates, job opportunities and exciting Autumn events direct to your inbox.
- The power of sharing wind energy data and code
At the beginning of the year, TU Delft Airborne Wind Energy researcher, Mark Schelbergen, was nominated for an Open Initiatives Trophy award and received a special mention during the Open Science Festival for his inviting attitude toward FAIR data and Open Science.
- Check out our community working groups!
This year, we launched working groups for data stewards and other research data management support professionals from the 4TU.ResearchData partner institutions to work collaboratively on topics related to…
- FAIR & reproducible code
- Privacy & GDPR
- Engagement & Education
Read more about our working group members, aims & deliverables!
Want to join a group or have an idea for a group you’d like to launch? Get in touch.
- Train the Trainer workshop: Best practices for writing FAIR and Reproducible code
This summer we ran a 2-day workshop for the data stewards at our partner institutions to learn best practices for the management of FAIR and reproducible software code.
Did you see these datasets?
Last month’s top downloaded datasets in the 4TU.ResearchData repository!
Experiments on floating bed rotating drums using magnetic particle tracking
Author(s): Tim Nijssen, Mark van Dijk, Hans Kuipers, Jan van der Stel, Allert Adema, Kay Buist
Institution: Eindhoven University of Technology
Categories: Chemical Engineering
Keywords: Rotating drum, Particle dynamics, Magnetic Particle Tracking, Floating particle bed, Liquid-solid systems
Energy-Level Alignment at Interfaces between Transition-Metal Dichalcogenide Monolayers and Metal Electrodes Studied with Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy
Author(s): Pavel Markeev, Emad Najafidehaghani, Ziyang Gan, Kai Sotthewes, Antony George, Andrey Turchanin, Michel de Jong
Institution: University of Twente
Categories: Condensed Matter Physics
Keywords: TMDC monolayers, Crystal
View the dataset
Hallucination In Object Detection-A Study In Visual Part Verification
Author(s): Osman Kayhan, Bart Vredebrecht, Jan van Gemert
Institution: Delft University of Technology
Categories: Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing
Keywords: Visual part verification, object detection, Visual inspection, Bike part dataset
- An information specialist
If you’re interested in developing educational curricula and providing support for researchers about the use of scientific information, then this role is for you!
Read more about this vacancy and apply by 6th September.
- Data stewards
The University of Twente library is recruiting research data stewards to support the implementation of research data management and FAIR data within university faculties.
Read more about these vacancies and apply by 13th September.
Dates for your diary…
For upcoming events check out the Open Research Calendar.
- Open Science Coffee: Research Code Review by Open Science Community Delft on 1st September. Register now.
- Responsible research assessment: rethinking what we value in research on 9th September. Register now.
- NL-RSE community meetup on 15th September. Register now.
- Metascience 2021 Conference from 16th to 18th and 23rd to 25th September. Register now.
- Open Science FAIR from 20th to 23rd September. Check out the programme and register.
- OASPA Annual Open Scholarship conference on 21st September.
- ORION Open Science Final Conference on 27th & 28th September. See the schedule.
- 15th Berlin Open Access Conference: Adapt and Advance from 28th September to 1st October. Calls for participation now open.
- Essentials 4 Data Support course by Research Data Netherlands from 30th September to11th November.
- NASA Space Apps Challenge Hackathon on 2nd & 3rd October. Register now.
Something to share?
If you have news to share or would like to include an announcement in next month’s round-up from 4TU.ResearchData, please get in touch. See you in September!