Welcome to Daniel Bangert, our new 4TU.ResearchData Director

It is with great pleasure to announce that 4TU.ResearchData has a new Director – Daniel Bangert, who will start the new role on 15 November 2023.

Daniel Bangert previously held the position of National Open Research Coordinator at the Digital Repository of Ireland, where he worked extensively on supporting and advancing open science across Ireland.

In this role, Daniel coordinated Ireland’s National Open Research Forum (NORF), led the development of Ireland’s National Action Plan for Open Research 2022-2030, oversaw the funding of national projects through NORF’s Open Research Fund, and established a National Open Research Festival.

He has a background in academic research, librarianship and policy development, and has worked to support open science in a range of institutional, national and international contexts through roles in Ireland, Germany and Australia. Madeleine de Smaele, our interim Director says about Daniel’s appointment as 4TU.ResearchData Director: “I’m convinced that Daniel, with his experience and background in open science and research data, his strong interest in community-building, and personality, can make significant contributions to 4TU.ResearchData and to the international ecosystem of research data of which it is part. I’m very much looking forward to working with him and to the new exciting times ahead!”

In this new role, Daniel will manage and inspire a team of more than 10 staff that form the 4TU.ResearchData team, and also act as line manager for staff appointed for the TDCC NES. Furthermore, he will oversee the strategy of 4TU.ResearchData, guide (inter)national discussions in relation to FAIR data and deepen strategic relationships with other universities in the 4TU.Federation.

Daniel says about his new role: “I’m delighted to take up the position of 4TU.ResearchData Director and excited to lead and support the next phase of 4TU.ResearchData’s strategy, services, community and partnerships. I look forward to working with the 4TU.ResearchData consortium, team, community and our national and international collaborators in open science and research data.”

We look forward to having Daniel on board and wish him all the success as 4TU.ResearchData Director!

Related Articles

Discover more from 4TU.ResearchData

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading