As many of you know already, Marta Teperek will be leaving her position as Director of 4TU.ResearchData at the end of May 2023. Marta has been the Director of 4TU.ResearchData for almost three years. During Marta’s time at 4TU.ResearchData the team has achieved a lot:
- We have built a vibrant community of researchers and professionals passionate about data and software
- We have welcomed Wageningen University & Research as the newest partner in 4TU.ResearchData
- We have developed a free and open source software, Djehuty, which is now running the 4TU.ResearchData repository
- We have helped establish the Thematic Digital Competence Centre for Natural and Engineering Sciences
- We have received a large European funding Skills4EOSC to help us advance data stewardship nationally and at the European level
“If I could name one single achievement which I am the most proud of, it would be the establishment of the 4TU.ResearchData community”, says Marta. “Engaged community has been the essential driver for all our work and something which enabled us to achieve all other goals. The partnership with the community has been the precondition for everything else”.
Marta is moving on to take the role of the Programme Leader for FAIR Data in the newly established NWO Regieorgaan Open Science, where she will be responsible for the implementation of FAIR data practices at a national level. We congratulate and wish her a lot of success in her new role!
We are also very pleased to announce that Madeleine de Smaele will succeed Marta as the Interim Director of 4TU.ResearchData, starting on the 1st of May 2023.
Previously, Madeleine has been the repository manager of 4TU.ResearchData since its inception more than 10 years ago. Madeleine brings to the role a breadth of experience and expertise and also strong national and international networks (RDA, LCRDM, UKB).
Madeleine says about the interim role: “Being part of the 4TU.ResearchData team for a long time and having been able to contribute to its growth and success, it is a privilege to take on the role of Interim Director. I am therefore excited to work with the team in this new role to ensure that our activities continue as expected, and to expand the collaboration with our community where possible. I look forward to working closely with all of you”.