A NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER! In this month’s round-up from 4TU.ResearchData we’re welcoming new community members and celebrating NWO Open Science Fund grantees!
- Welcome to 14 new community members!
- Arthur Newton (Delft University of Technology)
- Aleksandra Wilczynska (Delft University of Technology)
- Wilma Meere (University of Twente)
- Iris Schutte (University of Twente)
- Burcu Beygu (University of Groningen)
- Lena Karvovskaya (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Marcel Ras (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Murat Kirişci (Istanbul University-Cerrahpasa)
- Arie Purwanto Delft University of Technology)
- Aurora Ruiz Rodríguez (University of Twente)
- Robbert van Middelaar (University of Twente)
- Usama Ahmed (University of Twente)
- Rob Warnaar (University of Twente)
- Alessandra Candian (Delft University of Technology
|Congratulations to all NWO Open Science Fund grantees!|
JupyterFAIR: Integrating research environments with data repositories for FAIR research data management
|Congratulations to Serkan Girgin, Assistant Professor at Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation at, University of Twente who received the Dutch Research Council (NWO) 2021 Open Science Fund for his ‘JupyterFAIR’ project in collaboration with José Carlos Urra Llanusa, Manuel Garcia and Connie Clare.|
Read the full story (Written by Deirdre Casella)
See an overview of the awarded grants
|Welcome to new QuTech data steward: Arthur Newton|
|Arthur studied his PhD in Molecular Simulation at the University of Amsterdam and subsequently worked at SURF in the Data Management team for four years supporting research institutes and medical centers with the development IT services for FAIR data. In October, he started work as the data steward of QuTech at TU Delft.|
|Welcome to new data manager: Aleksandra Wilczynska|
Aleksandra is a data analyst with a strong background in data management, visualisation and business intelligence. She is experienced in econometric modelling, applied social science, and market research. She obtained her PhD in Information and Knowledge Society at Open University of Catalonia where she studied work-related well-being of knowledge workers. Aleksandra currently works a Data Manager at TU Delft’s Digital Competence Centre. Together with her team, she supports the researchers in managing and publishing their data following the FAIR principles.
|Welcome to new data steward: Iris Schutte|
Iris Schutte started as a new data steward at the University of Twente. She will provide data management support for researchers in the faculties of Engineering Technology and Science & Technology. Before she joined the team in Twente she worked as a postdoc researcher at Utrecht University where she conducted research into the neurophysiological basis of human behaviour. In her spare time she loves to teach children how to swim at the local swimming club.
Did you see these datasets?
Last month’s top downloaded datasets in the 4TU.ResearchData repository!
|Road Traffic Fine Management Process|
|Author(s): Massimiliano de Leoni, Felix Mannhardt|
Institution: Eindhoven University of Technology
Categories: Transportation and Freight Services; Business and Management
Keywords: 000 Computer science, knowledge & systems; IEEE Task Force on Process Mining; real life event logs; traffic enforcement
View the dataset
|Global distribution of nearshore slopes|
|Author(s): Panagiotis Athanasiou|
Institution: University of Twente
Categories: Environmental Science and Management; Physical Geography and Environmental Geoscience; Environmental Engineering
Keywords: Bathymetry; Coast; Depth of closure; Nearshore slope; dissertation
View the dataset
|Underlying datasets of Systematic Literature Review of drivers and inhibitors of citizen engagement with Open Government Data|
|Author(s): Arie Purwanto, Anneke Zuiderwijk and Marijn Janssen|
Institution: Delft University of Technology
Categories: Information Systems; Policy and Administration
Keywords: Citizen engagement; Open government data; Systematic Literature Review
View the dataset
|Join the team at Eindhoven University of Technology|
|The Data Management and Library team is extending their team with the following new Privacy Officer vacancies:|
Privacy Officer (2 positions) – Read more
Senior Privacy Officer with legal expertise – Read more
Deadline for all applications close on 7th January
What happened this month?
Dates for your diary…
|For upcoming events check out the Open Research Calendar!|
- Open Access Opportunities for Researchers by the University of Twente’s Digital Competence Center on 30th November.
Join the event.
- AIMOS 2021 from 30th November to 3rd December.
See the schedule and register.
- Workshop on Pre-Registration: Why, How, and Where?by Open Science Community Maastricht on 1st December.
- Hack the Hackathon: Shaping the Future of Hackathon Research and Practice at the Lorentz Center from 6th to 10th December.
For more information about how to get involved, contact Daniela Huppenkothen.
- FORCE2021 from 7th to 9th December.
- Putting Open Social Scholarship Into Practiceby INKE on 8th & 9th December.
- Open Research Conversation: Responsible Metrics by the University of Sheffield on 18th January.
Something to share?
If you have news to share or would like to include an announcement in next month’s round-up from 4TU.ResearchData, please get in touch. See you in December!